electro smog actually?
Electro smog is:
- a comprehensive term for all artificially produced electrical and
magnetic fields and electromagnetic rays
appearing where electric current flows or an electrical
- the result of the electrification grown rapidly
in the everyday life
- a risk for the human health
- impairing hormone
production and influencing the immune system and our vegetative nervous system
- still to a large extent unexplored,
especially in terms of possible long-term damages
- invisibly, inaudible and odorless
but nevertheless always present
- can be evidenced with professional measuring instruments
electro smog originate from?
The most frequent external sources
of electro smog are...
- electrical house installations
- power supplies, elevators, building services
- High voltage transmission lines
- Mobile telephones and antennas
- Industrial plants, welding (induction and arc),
- spark erosion machines and drying units
- Television, radio and directional transmitters
- Amateur radio equipment
- all kinds of household appliances
- electrical cables in walls etc..
- Radar stations, traffic and military
- Federal Railroads, streetcar, rapid-transit railway
The most frequent internal
sources of electro smog are...
- electrical house
installations, e.g. lines, plug sockets, junction
boxes, electrical heaters
- cordless house
telephones, mobile telephones
- Baby phone,
radio-controlled headphone and loudspeaker systems
- Special medical
equipment as sources for electro smog are:
- Electrical surgery
- Nuclear spin tomography
- Plasma heating
Can electrical smog be
dangerous for humans ?
Depending upon strength of the electromagnetic waves and depending upon degrees of sensitivity
of the individual such radiation may provoke slight to heavy impairments of the well-being and the health
Can one detect electro smog?
Specialists can define the fields with professional measuring instruments.
Is it possible to protect
one selves against electro smog?
The simplest possibility is
to switch off electric field producing systems.
With this obvious solution the source is separated from
the electric main to ensure that there are no more disturbing
electric fields or waves being sent out. This measure can
- at the electric consumers
- at disconnectable power mains (electricity installations)
In those instances where circuit and installation-technical solutions
are not feasible or if the sources are of external nature
shielding measures are the only solution